4.05.2016

37 days 20 hours 48 minutes (says mom's countdown clock)

Dearest Familia.....

Man if you guys knew what an awesome week this was! It was super crazy and we had to travel far more then Id ever want to in a week (especially in these buses that make you want to throw up and/or pass out) but it was so worth it! Let me just give you a run down of the week.

Monday- Cambios. Spent the whole day dropping off Hermana Mazariegos and picking up Hermana Chavez! I think I’ve pretty much already told you guys a little about her. She’s 22, from Argentina, and we spent 5 months living in the same house. Basically its just like the same (minus that Hermana Olsen and Hermana Turner aren’t here too:() we get along really well and working together is super swell! She’s a great teacher and really motivated. I was afraid I was going to have a hard time with my last companion seeing as I’ve had it pretty easy in the companion department my whole mission, but no, the Lord is taking it easy on me I guess:)

Tuesday- District Meeting. Basically going to, having, and coming home from district meeting eats up all of our day so there’s not to much to say about this day. Basically everyone spends an hour reminding me that I have to go home soon haha. Sometimes missionaries are merciless.

Wednesday- this was the only normal day of the week! We spent the day working in our area and it was awesome! Its fun getting to show a new companion the area and introducing her to everyone. It’s got to be overwhelming for her, but she’s doing great and already gets along great with all our investigators and members! We went up to Santa Rosa to visit Angela because her missionary daughter came home!!! We were expecting everyone to be bouncing off the walls but when we walked up (a little late, oops) everyone was crying. The poor family just got the news that Angela’s mom had passed away. We spent the night how I hope the savior would have, mourning with those that mourn, comforting those that stand in need and teaching the hope filled message of the resurrection! We watched the churches 2-minute message called hallelujah (no idea how to spell that in English or Spanish) and we had the opportunity to testify that death really has no sting and the grave has no victory gracias al Salvador JesuCristo. We also asked the recently returned sister missionary Brenda to share her testimony and she said that her grandma began a new life and that as she had been testifying of forever families for a year and a half she knew with un shakable faith that it was a reality.

Thursday- we went to see Jaime today:) he really is my favorite man ever. I was a little worried that he might not accept Hermana Chavez because he loved Hermana Mazariegos so much, but he started joking with her right away and I knew that it would all be okay. We talked about the priesthood and he was honestly humbled and awed that he now holds the authority and has the right to baptize and bless the sacrament in our savior’s name. The only bad thing is we had to leave running because we had to get to Paraiso before 9 :(

Friday- today we went to the temple! We spent the night in Paraiso with the other sister missionaries so we could wake up early and go to the temple. When I say early I mean suuper early, like 2:30 type early. I mean first of all 4 girls have to shower and get ready and make it to Cartago before 5 am. The whole morning I was afraid that I would fall asleep in the session or get a headache from being awake so early, so before we started I prayed that I could make it through without being sleepy, hungry, grumpy, etc. haha. And I enjoyed the whole session! Later as we were sitting in the celestial room I received some of the most personal and direct answers to the questions id been praying about. The Lord really does hear us and answer!

Saturday/Sunday- Yay for general conference!!!!!!! Man I love conference so much. Aren’t we so blessed to have loving and inspired leader who, like elder Holland said, spend hours thinking about us and praying to know how to help us. I think there was a personal message for all of us in their words. Was it just me or did they say the phrase forever families/eternal families like 10000000000 times? I personally loved Elder Duncan, Elder Myrvn, Presidente Utchdorf and Elder Holland’s talks. If there’s one thing that stuck out to me, and has during my whole mission, it’s that opposition is necessary if we want to grow. It caught my attention that he said, the devil tells us that we can’t grow, learn or progress because he can’t! But if we remember our divine identity as other counseled us, if we really understand that we are literal children of God there is nothing we can’t achieve. The Lord blessed us to have 9 investigators accompany us to conference:) it was unforgettable!  I invite you all to review the conference talks soon so that we can continually feel the peace of the spirit in our lives:)

Well that was my week:) I just want you all to know that I love being a missionary! I know that our families can and will be together forever, but that it depends on our obedience. I know that opposition is necessary to grow but I know that if we face our oppositions with Christ at our side they will help us learn and grow and help us to be perfected. If we face them alone they will break us and make us miserable. Our Loving Heavenly Father provided a savior, a healer and a counselor for us so that the opposition would benefit and not wreak us. I love you all so much, prayers from Costa Rica!

All my Love,
Hermana Kugath

No comments:

Post a Comment