4.26.2016

Hold Your Horses

Dearest Familia...:)

While I know everyone (me included) is suuuper stoked about me coming home in just a few weeks now, you'll all have to endure at least a few more letters from me because hey, I got stuff to tell ya:) we've been working like mad this week because well i do not fade out like the sunset, at least not yet. the last part of the race is when you have to run the hardest not start to walk!

So let me tell you all the super great, wonderful, happy new from this week! first of all, Carmen and Adrian got married on Friday:):):):):):) yay!!! i am so happy! i feel o great knowing that i leave them both in very capable hands. It makes me so happy that they are happy. i mean yes i am a little put out that we have to find someone else to wash our clothes since she went to live all the way on the other side of Turrialba, but I can sacrifice for their happiness. They didn't have anything planned in the party department but everyone knows you cant get married without at least a cake! luckily Hermana Emma is a secret cake boss so she helped us make a beautiful and delicious heart shaped dulce de leche filled wedding cake! we snuck in their house and left them the cake, a few decorations and my personal favorite, a framed family proclamation:) yay for love! and marriage! haha.

In other exciting news we got to use la Capilla (the church) for the first time yesterday! if were being honest, I felt like it was the first time I've gone to church in months haha. but the wait was definitely worth it! i cant even describe to you how gorgeous the building is:) I love love love love it. it so much easier to feel the spirit! everything is so simple, well done and clean. oh I love how clean it is. the paintings are beautiful. we have a sweet oven and even granite counter tops. its so nice that i could literally spend all day just in the bathroom and be feliz. the best part is that on the first day we filled it almost to capacity! 25 less actives came and 14 investigatores (between us and the elders), it was super splendid! My personal favorite part is the baptism font..... never in my life have I seen a font so pretty! I'll take pictures because I can't really describe it. and lucky me, I'll have the opportunity to use it twice in the next few weeks! Dariela will finally be baptized next Sunday after the dedication of the chapel and Fabian will be baptized may 6th!

Every week I love more and more Fabian! Yesterday he came to church and he started out by telling us that it was a special day because he had been coming to church for a month, we were in the new church and because he was using the tie we had given him for his birthday! later we showed him and Siloe the font and they were both so excited! he saw the picture in that room of Christ being baptized by John and he said. This is my picture, of all the pictures I like this one the most! We had a great sacrament meeting and Gospel Principles was fabulous. we talked about the Priesthood and Fabian and Ricardo both paid close attention. After the class Fabian came to ask us when his baptism was and when we told him the 6th of May he looked a little sad saying why couldn't we fill the font up and do it right then. He told us that he had been praying all week and had received an answer a few days earlier. He said that he now knew that the Church was true, that he had to be baptized soon. Then he told us how it was his goal/desire to see as many chapels and temples throughout the world as possible. he said that he and Siloe were already making plans to be able to visit Salt Lake City one day:) Ricardo also confessed to us that he felt that the church was true and that he's excited to keep preparing for his baptism on the 21st of May (as part of the open house!) Yay!

One last little happy notice, maybe many of you don't remember Karol but she's the girlfriend of one of the members back in Gravilias who we were teaching. Well yesterday I got the news that she was baptized on Sunday!!!! and that she and Jorge (the member) will be married on the 28th of May! ush, Yay team missionaries.

Well thats all I'll make you guys read for today. I love you all so much and you will always be in my thoughts and prayers, but hopefully not too much yet! Prayers from Costa Rica!

All my Love,
Hermana Kugath

No comments:

Post a Comment